Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gunther's Restaurant and Catering (San Jose)


I was in the mood for a Pastrami Rueben and didn't feel like going to Togo's. Nothing against Togo's, but I wanted to try something new. Anyways, Gunther's came up on the ol' Yelp search and I decided to give it a go.

I'm glad that I did. My overall experience at Gunther's was pretty cool. The clientele was on the older end of the spectrum. The funny thing is that I could totally see myself eating here if I was retired. Anyways, the Rueben was pretty damn good with a Doc Brown and cookie on the side. The pastrami was juicy and was freshly cut. As for the surprise, that cookie was super tasty. It almost felt like it wasn't cooked all the way. On a related note, make sure to check in using Yelp. You can get a free cookie by doing this. Overall, money well spent. Though it was a little pricier than I expected (Pastrami Reuben+Doc Brown Soda+Potato Salad+Cookie=$20)

Highly recommended and I would definitely swing by again.





No comments:

Post a Comment