Thursday, November 8, 2012

Results from Operation Beef Bourguignon

Well, here's the results from my first attempt at making Beef Bouruignon. Since I have nothing to compare it to, I would say that it tastes like beef stew. I rarely cook with wine, so it nice drinking it as well as cooking with it.

 
 
Luckily for me, the dish was relatively easy, but it was a little time consuming. Here's the first process, browning the meat: my favorite part of the process. The house had the lovely smell of meat, never a bad thing.
 
 
 
Here's the end result. Overall, I'm somewhat happy with how it turned out. The meat was soft, though I could have browned it a little more. As for the broth, it came out flavorful though it wasn't as dark as I wanted it to be. We had some French bread to go along with it, so it was a good meal on this chilly night. A couple more attempts and I think I should get it down. Score 7/10
 



No comments:

Post a Comment