Thursday, November 8, 2012

Home Cook Corner

After watching the last episode of, "Anthony Bourdain:No Reservations," the other day (pours one out for my homie), it made me sad, but also gave me a chance to reflect on this journey we had with our fearless leader, Anthony Bourdain. I really enjoyed his honest, no BS style of storytelling during his travels. He didn't just travel to the Emilia-Romania region of Italy to eat pasta, he showed us the painstaking process to make the best balsamic vinegar in the world. Anthony Bourdain took the viewer behind the scenes and let the family talk about the generations who made this vinegar before them. On a related note, check out, "Jiro Dreams of Sushi," on Netflix, highly recommended.

Most importantly, No Reservations introduced me to world renowned chefs such as Joel Robuchon, Michael White, and Thomas Keller. Besides being a huge fan of going out and eating all sorts of food, his show inspired me to actually cook (Gasp). On Thursdays and Fridays, I will post my triumphs and failures from attempting to make dishes from these chefs, Chef Bourdain and Keller more specifically. The dish I will be making later tonight will be Boeuf Bourguignon. I purchased, "Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook," several months ago and now is the time to dust it off and put it to good use. I have never had this dish before. Spelling out the name was hard enough. To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment