Monday, November 5, 2012

Taqueria La Taquiza (San Jose)

Well, here's my first food related post. Just a disclaimer, the same review will appear on my Yelp page as well. Here we go:

On this somewhat uneventful Monday, I decided I needed to try something new. Not in the food sense. I'm too structured for that. I love tacos and I have it at least twice a week. After several hours of scouring of the job boards for HR work, I needed a break. In a big shocker, I decided to go on Yelp to select my lunch destination. On my random selection, I picked Taqueria La Chacha. Got there, it was closed (Sad trombone*). Being a fan of contingency plans, I wanted to check out Taqueria La Taquiza. I had seen this restaurant after grabbing some pizza from Bibo's a couple spots down.

In continuing with the crappy luck theme, when I wanted to order my beloved meat (Al Pastor), the friendly gentleman behind the counter told me they just ran out. To the back up plan again (boo). Borrowing from the same glorious animal as Al Pastor, I decided to go with a chorizo taco and as per standard operating procedures, I got a carne asada taco. As for the tacos, I gotta say, I've been missing out on chorizo. The chorizo taco was everything I liked about chorizo. Fatty, tasty and oily. Me likee. As for the carne asada taco, it was darn tasty as well. Both tacos were hot and fresh off the grill, topped with cilantro, a mild salsa, and red onions. I used to slather my tacos with hot sauce. Not so much recently. In this case, I left it as is and I'm glad I did. Total bill came out to less than $7 with my mandatory Mango Jarritos included. I'll definitely swing by again if I'm in the area.

*For any failures during your day, please visit www.sadtrombone.com. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment